Evolution of Software SystEms and Reverse Engineering Lab
Welcome to ESSeRE, the Evolution of Software SystEms and Reverse Engineering Lab. at the University of Milano-Bicocca. Our research interests focus on the area of reverse engineering, software maintenance, software quality assessment, software architecture reconstruction, by exploiting traditional approaches and soft computing ones.
Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca
Department of Computer Science (DISCo)
Viale Sarca, 336 - U14 Building
20126, Milano (MI), Italy
Workshop - MaLTeSQE’16: Machine Learning Techniques for Software Quality Evaluation
MaLTeSQE’16: Machine Learning Techniques for Software Quality Evaluation
15-17 September 2016
Co-located with: XVIII KKIO Software Engineering Conference
In recent years we have been observing a rising interest in adopting various approaches to support machine learning and decision-making processes in several areas of software engineering. These models and algorithms help to reduce effort and risk related to human judgment in favor of automated systems, which are able to make informed decisions based on available data and evaluated with objective criteria.
Software quality is the area that deserves particular attention. At all levels: source code quality, process quality and the quality of entire systems, researchers are still looking for new, more effective methods of assessing various qualitative characteristics.
The aim of the workshop is to provide an overview of emerging trends in applying machine learning approaches to software quality evaluation.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Application of machine-learning in software evaluation
- Analysis of multi-source data
- Knowledge acquisition from software repositories
- Adoption and validation of machine learning models and algorithms in software engineering
- Decision support and analysis in software engineering
- Predicting models in software engineering
Co-Chairs: Francesca Arcelli Fontana, Bartosz Walter, Marco Zanoni
- Submission of papers: 29.03.2016
- Notification of acceptance: 09.05.2015
- Camera-ready papers: 23.05.2016
- Registration early (due): 30.06.2016
- Registration late (due): 15.08.2016
- Conference: 15-17.09.2016
Event leaflet: PDF
Design Pattern Benchmark platform (DPB) update
The DPB platform was updated with the MARPLE results on the projects contained in PMART. The update contains results for the Singleton, Adapter, Composite, Decorator, and Factory Method design patterns.